- 2/3 cup heavy cream OR infused cream*
- 1/3 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder OR instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Few sprinkles to 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (60% or higher cacao), coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
This smooth and creamy hot fudge sauce is the perfect topping for a grown up ice cream sundae or brownies a la mode.
Whisk together cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa, espresso powder, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the cream begins to steam and the sugar and cocoa begin to dissolve, stir in the chocolate. When the chocolate starts to melt, remove from heat; continue stirring until chocolate has completely melted.
Add vanilla and butter; stir until smooth. Let cool at least 15 minutes before using.
Store leftovers in refrigerator up to one week. Sauce may be reheated in microwave oven.
*Infused Cream (optional): Place 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream, 1/2 cinnamon stick, 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves, 1/2 teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns and 1 teaspoon crushed whole cardamom pods in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once cream begins to steam, remove from heat. Allow mixture to cool, then transfer to a covered container. Continue to steep in refrigerator an hour or two. Strain spices before using in the Mocha Spice Fudge Sauce recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Tessa Huff, Pastry Chef & Blogger @ StyleSweetCA
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!